• Home
  • Posts RSS
  • Comments RSS
  • Edit
  • Reema Khan

    Tuesday 12 April 2011

    Reema Khan
    Date of Birth
    27 October 1971

    Birth Name
    Reema Khan

    Height
    5' 6" (1.68 m)

    Trivia
    Is one of Pakistan's most popular actresses.

    Has gained popularity in the Bollywood industry for her striking resemblense to actress Aishwarya Rai

    Is the highest paid actress in Pakistan.

    When she was first starting out in films, her accent and diction was very bad. She worked with a voice coach to perfect her dialogue in films.


    Personal Quotes
    About her trip to India to promote peace between India and Pakistan: "People in both countries want peace, and I bring this message with me to further better relations between the two countries."

    On where she see's Lollywood in five years: "Positive change is coming, but it is slow. Things will improve and the industry is bound to bounce back. But we need to bring more educated and professional people into our industry." (June 2007)

    On why she stopped acting in Punjabi language films: "Well, I don't think good films are being made in Punjabi these days. There is too much violence and promotion of gangsters. I would not like to be a part of all this. If they ask me to act in films like 'Niki Jae Haan' or 'Majajan', I would not hesitate to sign the movie. But I will never work in movies that glorify criminals." (June 2007)

    "I am impressed with the work of Lollywood directors Javed Fazil, Hassan Tariq and S Suleiman. From Bollywood- Yash Chopra, Karan Johar and Rakesh Roshan have always inspired me. I try and follow their working styles. These people also impress me because their stories always carry a message. I believe there should be a message in a film. As an actress I would love to act in their films." (June 2007)

    On her directing debut of Koi Tujh Sa Kahan (2005): "It was my first film as director and I am proud that it was the first Pakistani film to be a hit in the overseas market on such a big scale. It was released with 12 prints in UK and Canada and did good business. (June 2007)

    When asked what she thinks the key to her success is: "My fan following has never dropped. Rather, it has continued to grow. I am the only actress to have participated in so many international festivals held across the globe. Whether it was in Moscow, Sri Lanka or USA I am honored to have represented my country. I also work as the brand ambassador of top multinational products like Pepsi, Lux and others. I was declared the Lux face of the year and have bagged so many awards. I have performed with Shah Rukh Khan and Preity Zinta and have also got the Goodwill Ambassador Award. I performed at the Wembley Arena in UK in shows for four consecutive years. I believe all this is due to my hard work and the blessings of Allah Almighty. I still have a long way to go, as learning never ends in the life of an artiste. I have never been critical of anyone for the sake of getting publicity. Nor have I ever got into scandals to get cheap publicity." (June 2007)
    Reema Khan

    Reema Khan

    Reema Khan

    Reema Khan

    Reema Khan Actress and Director 01 Post by Zagham

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment